Thursday, April 17, 2014

Spring/Easter Peat Moss baskets

Hello!
I seem to have an obsession of sorts with making little baskets using  peat moss cups :) I've been doing different variations of them for years now.  The first one I ever received using peat moss cups was made by my friend Liz, it was so sweet and simple with a handle made from a twig from a Bridal View Bush. I fell in love with it.
This first set below, are the ones I just did this week.    They could be used for May Day basket also... or just any fun little Spring gift.  I think they would be super cute with an actual starter plant in them.


For the Easter baskets below I used Crafty Secrets images from Easter Creative Scraps
The tissue on the inside is old sewing patterns. Crepe and lace hot glued around the outside.
 
These were done with .
Birds and Blossoms Creative Scraps and Digital stamp from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.  I painted these peat moss cups with acrylic paint... not completely covering them.
 


The baskets below, I did for a post on the Fancy Pants Designs Blog back in 2012. There is a tutorial if you are interested  Fancy This : Easter Baskets


Just another version with paper flowers .  If you want to make handles like these you can use thin new branches from outside if they are bendable, or you can use pieces from a small grapevine wreath, like I did.


For this one I cut a paper border for the handle.  You can see the entire Easter post here on the Vintage Street Market Blog

These pots I misted, and added glitter to the top edge. Natural look with moss, pain wood eggs and feathers.


 
You could also use these with name place cards at the Easter table.  I'm using mine this year for a little gift for the moms that do all the cooking to make Easter dinner together happen.  With my big family, that's quite a few.   So looking forward to seeing family. Seems like it's been a long time since we were together at Thanksgiving. Should be about 35 of us.  Those kids grow so fast.  ( brace yourself... photo's coming :)
 
Wishing all of you a Happy Easter!
 
 
Vic
 

5 comments:

harrahx2 said...

Oh how cute and you are among the only people I know that remember May Day baskets. I love it!

Debby said...

They are so cute. I have to get some pots. I love the banners. Very nice. Happy Easter.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

These are soooooo precious, Vic! I love all the different varieties you've made...you clever girl, you!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love making baskets with eat pots! I get mine when they are marked down after the growing season and save them for all kinds of occasions. LOVE yours!!

Julie Higgins said...

So beautiful!!!