Monday, April 07, 2014

Dimensional hanging paper Easter eggs/ Crafty Secrets April Linky Party

Today is Crafty Secrets April Linky Party and Design Team Challenge day. ( the first Monday of each month).    For my project today I thought I'd show you how easy it is to use the Printable Easter Egg Download to make these fun dimensional hanging ornaments.   They are easy!  I'll show you how below.
 
I used one set ..but you can see them all here.

 
Once you purchase the download, and open it on your computer, this is what the sheet will look like.  Print it off on a piece of white card stock, then flip your paper over and print again on the back side.  The eggs will match up perfectly, so they are easy to cut out. 
 

Once you've cut them out, fold them in half down the middle. This will just be a good guide for where to stitch.  When you take two like images like shown below and sandwich them together , the two images on the inside will match up as well.
You can use white or any light colored thread to stitch them together down the middle but there is also clear thread, which is what I used.


You just stitch down the middle.
Then open it up, and the other images will match up.

Here is a couple more examples.   Once you have them put together.. you can embellish till your little hearts content :)   I started to just add glitter to the edges , but them decided if I used a fine enough glitter, I could do the entire egg, so that's what I did.  Added ribbon, flowers, a little crystal and line to hang it from.


I did these full size , but of course you could size and print them whatever size/sizes you need and as many as you want.  Again.. the glory of digital downloads.

 
Like I said... fun and easy. Hope you give them a try.
 
Now... be sure to pop over and see what the other DT ladies have created for today.
And remember we'd love to have you play along in our Linky Party.  You can read about it here on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog.
 
 
 
  • Kathy Clement Team Leader
  • Vicki Chrisman (you are here)
  • Michele Kovack - 300+ Gallery!
  • Darlene Pavlick
  • Sheila Rumney
  • Elizabeth Lincoln
  • Cherry Nelson
  •  
     
     
    Thanks for coming by!  Have a super day!
     
    Vicki

    14 comments:

    Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

    Absolutely wonderful, Vic! And I didn't know they made clear thread, so that will be added to my shopping list for sure! Thanks for the great tutorial!

    harrahx2 said...

    What could possibly be cuter than ducks and bunnies! Love these Vic.

    Elizabeth said...

    Aren't these the cutest little eggs and far less calories than the chocolate variety. They would make beautiful place cards for the Easter table with a name tag tied to the ribbon.

    cjgusloff57 said...

    So very pretty! I want to try making these right now!

    The Paper Toile said...

    How cute! You are so creative!

    The Paper Toile said...

    How cute! You are so creative!

    Catherine Matthews-Scanlon said...

    What a GREAT idea! LOVE!

    Cherry's Jubilee said...

    ack...I love these! Love the dimensional quality to them...and the bling!

    Cynthia said...

    Fun project! Thanks for the tutorial.

    Jean said...

    So cute!

    the primitive country bug said...

    These are so super cute!!

    Sheila Rumney said...

    Love this cute Easter ornament! Thanks for sharing!

    Debbie K. said...

    Adorable, Ms. Vicki! You come up with such cute projects and you inspire me so much that I just want to RUN into my art room after seeing your projects and create something. I mean ANYTHING...lol!

    Diane said...

    Wow...these are gorgeous!!! I need to unbury my sewing machine and give these a try!!! Beautiful!!