Thursday, April 10, 2014

Cathering Scanlon Designs blog hop

 I'm excited to be asked to be apart of my ever so talented and sweet friend Catherine Scanlon's very first Blog Hop using her new stamps from Art Gone Wild.
   Cat has been a friend of mine for many years. It's been so fun to watch her grow as an artist and achieve so many of her goals. I just couldn't be more happy for her and all her successes. She is crazy talented!   If you are not already a follower of her blog, you are missing out, because this girl INSPIRES!   Cat's blog.. Art from the Heart by Catherine Scanlon
 
I'll share with you my project and then below that you will find the links to Cat's blog and all the others participating in the blog hop so that you can be sure to see what everyone has created with Cats Stamps.    By the way, Cat is also hosting a giveaway on her blog :)
 
For my project I used Cat's  Grid stencil with the Flower Bits Stamp.  I masked off and stamped inside the different sections and then used water colors to color it.  I left a large area open for a quote then I wrote a favorite quote in that space.
 
 
 
For information on how to order You can also see the Summer, 2013 release here , and contact Art Gone Wild here for wholesale pricing. (EMAIL: sales@royalacme.com) To see a list of stores (on-line and in person) that carry my stamps you can go to Catherine's blog and look at this link:  Places to Buy
 
 
I really loved painting this. It was fun and relaxing.

Below are the links to check out Cat and the other girls projects .. so be sure to check them out!

 
 
 
This Art that Makes me Happy by Vicki Chrisman ( you are here :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   Thanks so much for stopping by!

Vicki

20 comments:

Jennie Atkinson said...

Such gorgeous colours! I love this page and so thrilled to be part of this blog hop with you all x

Pearl Maple said...

Thanks for sharing your creative project, the grids are great fun aren't they.

Denise Spillane said...

Love your project

Denise Spillane said...

Great example, love the stamps and stencil

Catherine Matthews-Scanlon said...

OH MY GOSH Vic, this is amazing! Your painting is so soft yet perfectly colorful and just yummy! I feel so excited looking at all the lovely projects and posts, but most of all I'm so grateful -- to the bottom of my heart for the lovely support from some of my closest "faraway" friends, most especially you! Love you girl!! You are wonderful!

Julie Higgins said...

Wow!--that is beautiful!!! Julie

Shirley Pando said...

I love the stained glass look of this! Gorgeous coloring. Cat is a dear friend of mine, too, and I'm so proud of her. Thank you for celebrating with her.

Martha Richardson said...

Wow Vicki…a fabulous project, clever idea and beautiful colors…it is so you!!!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Love it- it looks like a glass window- beautiful!

BLockHEad said...

Beautiful!

Sarah Lynch said...

Your painting is lovely, as is your handwriting!

Kathy said...

Love love LOVE this stencil! The thick lines are awesome! Definitely going to need this new stamp of Cat's in my stash! Thanks for the inspiration!

kathie deluca said...

So beautiful! Love contrast of the pop of red! Great to share this blog hop with you~~~~hugs!

Karen Denson said...

this is beautiful. I love the stencil. the flowers are gorgeous.
Beautiful!

Jean said...

This is just jaw dropping gorgeous! Love it!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Vic, I think you have found your coloring medium! The coloring here is gorgeous...so soft and inviting. Love the card design, and the sentiment is fabulous. So fun seeing you break into this new style. Well done, my friend!

harrahx2 said...

Did you hand write that? You are truly amazing girl and Cat's ideas work perfectly for you!

HelenM said...

So beautiful!! Just pinned it!! Thanks for the inspiration.

carol said...

Looks like you ad fun and your lettering is awesome!

Laura Strack said...

Oh my Vic, your watercolor is so lovely. Catherine must be so proud & excited to see such a gorgeous piece, designed with her stamp and stencil! Love how you used the grid. Awesome job and thanks for sharing your talent. Fun Hop!