Friday, November 22, 2013

Christmas Window card and part 1 of Junk Salvation photos

Well, as much as it was my plan to do a blog post when I was away, my laptop just wasn't going to cooperate.  Things started out fine, but it did an update and after that, .. nothing but problems. very frustrating.  Anyway, I'm home now.  It was so great to get to spend time with Sandy and her family and to get to see Cindy. The show in Puyallup was amazing, and I have lots and lots of shows to share. Way more than I thought I had taken! I really want to share them with you, since there was so many awesome booths, so I will break it up into a couple of posts. I'll share the first batch today.
First I wanted to show you a card I did using the "Creating with Retro Christmas CD". I cut the window area out and added a piece of clear transparency, then added the sentiment to the inside of the card, so it could be see thru the window.


I love this image.  I just added a piece of vintage lace to the inside of the window opening to look like a valance over the window.

This was one of the coolest "Junk" shows I've ever been to for sure.  So many fun things, great booths, and good prices. The only bad thing was, I was flying home...so it was SO hard to see so many cool things I wanted and not be able to take them with
me :(         I actually ending up mailing home a couple of things..but oh... trust me, had I lived closer... My car would have probably been full.

Sandy sold a lot of great props she had, big frames, metal things for hanging things on ect, and they were all gone the first day!  The booth was busy! As always, things are a rush getting ready , then before I get photos of the booth taken, things are gone. By the time I took these photos all the big things had been sold.    Although it wasn't a stamping or scrapbooking show.. or really a crafting show of any kind... I was totally amazed at how busy the booth was.  People see the awesome Vintage stuff and are just drawn to it!  ***   (Sandy had more photos in her post on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog.)

 
 
 
 


Sandy :)

You would not believe how many of these printers letters Sandy sold.

The booth across from us was probably my favorite at the show.  Loved her stuff and her prices were great.  "Blue Chair"

I didn't see anything in her booth that I wouldn't have loved to have.


This coffee table was $18       ( I die)

I did bring this little sweetie home with me in my suitcase tho.


Needless to say, her booth was cleared out pretty fast.



Here are some random photos from other booths


My friend Deb collects vintage globes. I couldn't stand it when I saw that awesome LIGHTED globe you can see in the photo below, and it was only $20.  I mailed it back to Nebraska for her.  I was surprised .. shipping was only $11    It looks so amazing lit!!
At the entrance of the show they had a gorgeous Christmas scene set up and Christmas music playing the entire time. It was a really well done show.  Props to "Funky Junk Sisters".

Yesterday Sandy drove me to the airport in Seattle after I spent a few days at there house in BC after we finished the show on Saturday.  It was a beautiful morning in Seattle. (Unfortunately, I came home to freezing rain)


This was my view from the Plane.


I loved getting to see everyone, but always feels good to get home and see the fam and the pups.   Now I'm digging through the mountain of laundry as a unpack.  Old Mother Hubbards Cupboards are bare, so tomorrow will have to be grocery day for sure.
My pups were happy to see me, and are sticking pretty darn close to my side.
Sending love and huge thanks to my Canada friends who are more like family to me.
I always miss them when I leave because I know it will be a while before I see them again.

I hope you have all had a great week!   I'll be back with more photos to share in my next post.

Thanks friends for stopping by!

hugs, Vic

6 comments:

harrahx2 said...

Wow, great items and good prices make for a very dangerous place....Love your card with the little window! Hope the trip was fruitful and fun!

tigerlille said...

Wonderful retro card, straight from my era. Gotta get that cd!

Scrap for Joy said...

I agree, that Blue Chair booth is awesome! Did you buy the tree or the truck or both? I am always looking for small truck for Christmas display and this one is really cool! D you ever rest, Vic? Hope you have a great Thanksgiving with your family!
xoxo
Joyce

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Love the colors in this sweet window card...and that little bit of lace is the perfect accent. Glad you had fun. I would have had to find a way to get that suitcase side table home with me. That is so my style and such a cool idea. Maybe I can make one! Hugs!

Jean said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the photos!

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Dear Vicki, it was so GREAT having you at the show and then here at our house for so many reasons! You are the best helper, organizer,crafty designer,listener, sous chef and friend! Hope you came again soon, we miss you already!

Sandy